When constructing wind turbines there are several danger areas where the worker is left open to fall risk:
• Tower Erection involves the use of a ladder system installed on individual sections of the tower, some of which have a vertical fall arrest system in place which can be utilized, some which do not.
• Nacelle work involves the installation of electrical control units, all of which will require cabling to be installed through the length of the tower. Whether working from the ladder or from a service lift, a minimum of a full body harness and lanyard will be required.
• Workers will be required to work all day in fall arrest equipment. Harnesses used will need to be comfortable, lightweight, and have multiple anchor points. In addition, the equipment should incorporate tool carrying accessories and be very durable and built-to-last.
• For added comfort and safety in these difficult to access areas, accessories such as the Hydration System and Trauma Relief Straps should be used.
• While working in the upper reaches of the tower, rescue can be almost impossible from the ground by conventional methods. Self rescue, personal evacuation and easy to use casualty evacuation equipment is a necessity for personnel working on wind turbines.
1113347 ExoFit NEX Rope Access and Rescue Harnesses
Tech-Lite aluminum front, back and side D-rings, Duo-Lok locking quick-connect buckles, hybrid comfort padding, molded lanyard keepers, lightweight leg padding, ultra-soft edging, water repellent webbing, equipment loops with protective sheathing, ergonomic body belt and pad, reflective material on front and back.
1244760 DBI Sala Force2 Shockwave Wind Energy Lanyard
Double-leg with elastic webbing, snap hook and flat steel rebar hooks at leg ends, Tech-lite rescue D-rings, nylon shock pack with PVC cover x ft (1.8m). Global compliance OSHA, ANSI and CE.
3323100 Rollgliss R500 Rescue & Escape Deviceation
The Rollgliss™ R500 offers the choice of controlled descent rescue, evacuation or the versatility of assisted rescue with lifting capabilities. This state-of-the-art, fully automatic ontrolled descent device sets new standards of performance and safety in the rescue market. The system excels in handling, technology, function, safety and versatility.