Vertical lifelines or lanyards must have a minimum breaking strength of 5,000 pounds, and be protected against being cut or abraded. Each employee must be attached to a separate vertical lifeline, except during the construction of elevator shafts, where two employees may be attached to the same lifeline in the hoistway, provided:
• Both employees are working atop a false car that is equipped with guardrails.
• The strength of the lifeline is 10,000 pounds (5,000 pounds per employee).
• All other lifeline criteria have been met.
Self-retracting vertical lifelines and lanyards that automatically limit free fall distance to 2 feet or less must be capable of sustaining a minimum tensile load of 3,000 pounds when in the fully extended position. If they do not automatically limit the free fall to 2 feet or less, ripstitch lanyards, and tearing and deforming lanyards, must be capable of sustaining a minimum tensile load of 5,000 pounds when in the fully extended position.
3590550 Protecta Rebel 50' Self Retracting Lifeline
Incorporates a lifeline that extends and retracts automatically, allowing unhindered movement around the work area. A brake activates in the event of a fall, stopping the worker within inches.
• 420 lb. (190 kg) capacity
• 3,600 lb. (1,633 kg) gate capacity
• Side cable exit
• Top swivel
7276WR, 20' FallTech Dyneema Web Contractor SRL
• Weighs just 4 pounds, making it the lightest and toughest 20' SRL on the market!
• Light weight aluminum drum center and ABS plastic housing
• 3/4" Dyneema webbing has high strength and superior resistance to cuts and abrasion. (Rated at 4,500 lbs)
• Load-indicating swivel carabiner and connecting carabiner with 3,600 lbs. gate strength
3101277 DBI Sala Nano-Lok Twin Leg SRL, Aluminum Rebar Hooks
• Swiveling anchorage loop reduces twisting of the webbing.
• Specially designed high strength Dynema webbing provides excellent cut-resistant, abrasion resistant, chemical and UV resistant characteristics.
• Compact, impact-resistant housing.
• Rated for a total combined weight up to 420 lbs.